Sat, Mar 11|
Jack Garland Airport
Rotary Wing Ops Training (Class 002)
Learn how to safely operate around rotary wing platforms, and take part in short missions to qualify for future Blackline aerial operations.
Location and Timings
Mar 11, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Jack Garland Airport, North Bay, ON P1B 8G2, Canada
Event Info and Requirements
Blackline Simulations aims to provide the most realistic and immersive military and espionage simulations. As opportunities to use helicopters increase, we want our participants to be able to use them as authentically and as safely as possible. We've partnered with Helicopters Canada to offer a training course for Blackline Helicopter Operations.
Working directly with pilots, you will spend the first portion of the day learning the essentials of helicopter and weapons safety by taking part in briefings and drills on an AS350 helicopter. The afternoon will deploy you and your small team on a mission to test your knowledge. You will be flown to a target, disembark, attack, then navigate to a landing zone for extraction. For a schedule of activities and required equipment, see our WARNORD here.
The primary event date is 11MAR23.
The secondary backup date is 08APR23
There are a number of variables that may impact the course. Students must demonstrate safe behaviour. Helicopters may only operate in good weather, and can be retasked for emergency services. To address this:
- Participants must be available for both the primary and secondary date listed above
- Full refunds are provided until the day before the event (no refunds after the event has successfully completed)
- Your flight status is dependent on understanding and exhibiting knowledge of the training materials. Pilots may refuse your flight if you are unable to demonstrate competance. A refund will not be provided in this case.
- If required, Blackline will attempt to reschedule the event with no less than 2 weeks notice
- Stay tuned to this event post, email, and the Blackline website or Facebook page for additional course updates
**Contact email@example.com if you do not receive email confirmation of your purchase**
Rotary Wing Operations Ticket
Training and mission flight for the Rotary Wing Ops Class 002