Intro to Milsim Radio Comms (Class P02)
Location and Timings
Event Info and Requirements
** THIS IS A PRIVATELY BOOKED COURSE - PLEASE SEE OUR OTHER OPTIONS**
Learn the essentials of radio communications for airsoft military simulations. This course provides an introduction to four key knowledge areas:
- Fundamentals of Radio, the EM spectrum, and Legalities (Canadian)
- An overview of equipment (radios, antennas, PTTs, etc) and factors influencing signal quality
- Basic radio procedure, prowords, and comms check protocols
- Constructing effective communications
The course of instruction blends lessons taught by Canadian Special Operations and Snipers with the practical experience of airsofters across Canada. It creates a foundation for those new to radio comms or those looking to be more effective on the radio. Students will take part in a series of live exercises testing their knowledge of procedure and challenging their ability to summarize and communicate key information to team mates.
What have past students said?
- "The course was one of the best I have ever done! Wicked fun and learned lots."
- "This should be a requirement for anyone running a radio in a milsim."
- "One of the most informative courses I've ever completed."
- "Our team came out with more radio communication knowledge than we ever had."
- "Can confirm. Great course for getting a hold of the foundations, or refreshing your knowledge."
What do you need?
- A cellphone with a dataplan or computer with an internet connection to run Zoom
- The Zello desktop or mobile app installed on your preferred device
- A notepad and a writing instrument
What do we recommend?
- A headset for your cellphone or computer
- Advanced study of the NATO Phonetic Alphabet (click here for a useful chart)
If you do not receive a confirmation email after registration, please contact us directly!