Sat, Oct 01|
Intro to Milsim Radio Comms (Class 014)
"This fills a real gap in military simulations in Canada today." Join students in learning and practicing the fundamental skills of radio communication. We'll cover procedures, prowords, the phonetic alphabet, and protocols that will improve your effectiveness on the radio at military simulations.
Location and Timings
Oct 01, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EDT
Event Info and Requirements
Learn the essentials of radio communications for airsoft military simulations. This course provides an introduction to four key knowledge areas:
- Fundamentals of Radio, the EM spectrum, and Legalities (Canadian)
- An overview of equipment (radios, antennas, PTTs, etc) and factors influencing signal quality
- Basic radio procedure, prowords, and comms check protocols
- Constructing effective communications
The course of instruction blends lessons taught by Canadian Special Operations and Snipers with the practical experience of airsofters across Canada. It creates a foundation for those new to radio comms or those looking to be more effective on the radio. Students will take part in a series of live exercises testing their knowledge of procedure and challenging their ability to summarize and communicate key information to team mates.
What have past students said?
- "The course was one of the best I have ever done! Wicked fun and learned lots."
- "This should be a requirement for anyone running a radio in a milsim."
- "One of the most informative courses I've ever completed."
- "Our team came out with more radio communication knowledge than we ever had."
- "Can confirm. Great course for getting a hold of the foundations, or refreshing your knowledge."
What do you need?
- A cellphone with a dataplan or computer with an internet connection to run Zoom
- The Zello desktop or mobile app installed on your preferred device
- A notepad and a writing instrument
What do we recommend?
- A headset for your cellphone or computer
- Advanced study of the NATO Phonetic Alphabet (click here for a useful chart)
If you do not receive a confirmation email after registration, please contact us directly!
One student space for the Introduction to Radio Communications course.