Intro to Milsim Radio Comms (Class 005)
Location and Timings
Event Info and Requirements
Learn the essentials of radio communications for airsoft military simulations. This course provides an introduction to four key knowledge areas:
- Fundamentals of Radio, the EM spectrum, and Legalities (Canadian)
- Factors influencing signal quality, including antennas, transmission sites, and equipment
- The NATO Phonetic Alphabet
- Radio Procedure including message format, comms checks, and hot mic protocols
Students will take part in group exercises to practice these concepts and will be tested multiple times. Their final grade will reflect their comprehension and execution of these knowledge concepts.
What do you need?
- A cellphone with a dataplan or computer with an internet connection
- The Zello desktop or mobile app installed on your preferred device
- A notepad and a writing instrument
What do we recommend?
- A headset for your cellphone or computer
- Advanced study of the NATO Phonetic Alphabet (click here for a useful chart)