Sun, Oct 06|
Glen Rouge Campground
Join other Blackline participants while they travel up to 20km with a weighted pack. Test your gear and test yourself.
Location and Timings
Oct 06, 2019, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Glen Rouge Campground, 7450 Kingston Rd, Scarborough, ON M1B 0B7, Canada
Event Info and Requirements
Join a group of people who seem to enjoy walking around in the woods carrying heavy backpacks. Blackline Rucks are monthly events taking place in the autumn, winter, and spring. They're an opportunity to test your equipment, clothing, and field craft skills in a low risk environment.
- Cost - Free ($0.00)
- Distance - Between 10 and 20 kilometers
- Terrain - Maintained and non-maintained paths with hills
- Weight - No minimum. Appropriate for your fitness level.
- Safety - One wilderness first aid certified guide in attendance
Your Timings and Meeting Points
- Meet at the Glen Rouge Campground Parking Lot
- Exact Google Map Location - https://goo.gl/maps/FrWq7Hsdbpiwjvtp6
- Arrive No Later Than 06OCT19 - 0715h
- Depart No Later Than 06OCT19 - 1600h
Your Minimum Equipment
- Eye Protection (ANSI z87.1 rated)
- Flashlight (Headlamp with red and white light options preferred)
- Cell phone and/or UHF Radio (on FRS/GMRS bands)
- Pen or Pencil
- Water and Food for 12 hours
- Weather appropriate clothing
- NO running water (bring water)
- LIMITED Toilets (Some portable toilets at start point)
- NO electricity
- Free Parking on Site
Your Timings and Meeting Points Meet at the Glen Rouge Campground Parking Lot (https://goo.gl/maps/FrWq7Hsdbpiwjvtp6) no later than 0715h. You Must Bring: Eye Protection (ANSI z87.1 rated), Watch, Compass, Flashlight (Headlamp with red and white light options preferred), Whistle, Cell phone and/or UHF Radio (on FRS/GMRS bands), Notepad, Pen or Pencil, Water and Food for 12 hours, Rucksack, Weather appropriate clothing.